**sorry for typos, i’ll try and be as quick and comprehensive as possible/copy/pasting things from other posts**
- august 9th 2014: unarmed 18 year old black male named michael brown was murdered in cold blood by a police officer while walking down the street. he was surrendering as he was being shot
- there are multiple eye witnesses: dorian johnson, tiffany mitchell, unknown, unknown, and several twitter users.
- not only is Mike Brown’s murderer darren wilson on paid vacation, the governor has declared a state of emergency in ferguson despite the fact that 1. the protests were peaceful 2. all violence was perpetuated by police officers 3. the suspected looters were not from ferguson and 4. ferguson citizens had to be the ones standing guard and making sure those out of town looters did not continue (which i thought was the job of the police…but i guess not!)
- police have lied and tried to backtrack multiple times. first said brown committed a robbery. then said the officer who shot him had no clue of the robbery. evidence arose attesting to the fact that 1. no robbery was reported and 2. the merchandise he supposedly stole? yeah, he paid for it!
- vox has a rundown of the situation.
- wikipedia has an article up now
- bail fund for those arrested in ferguson
- donate to protesters
- buy from their amazon wish list
- MASTERPOST OF THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- HERE IS A LIVESTREAM
- AND ANOTHER ONE
- FERGUSON TWITTER LIST
- REDDIT LIVE FEED
- also, there have been no riots. police have shown up in riot gear to intimidate innocent protesters demanding justice. don’t let the media’s language influence your perception!
i hate going to sleep at a time like this but i encourage ppl to boost this post, especially the donation links/bail fund/food pantry links etc because the city has shut down schools and i’m really worried about the children with childhoods similar to mine who count on free lunch at school. here is the feed the children of ferguson donation link.
here it is again.
here it is a third time.